[Centos] CentOS 4 install problem

On 3 Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:32:44 -0800 Francois Caen <frcaen@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I had that happen to me once before, on RHEL3 or FC1.
>
> My problem was actually a RAM issue! Try running memtest86, you never
> know.
>
> The fact that it was failing on different RPMs each time was what
> caught my attention. Bad CD should fail around the same spot each
> time.
>
> Francois

and on Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:43:06 +0100  Jens Vagelpohl

and on  Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:52:16 -0800 Troy Engel <tengel@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I recommend this most excellent CD:
>
>    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
>
> It's sniffed out various hardware problems for me...
>
> -te

Many thanks for the speedy assistance.  I had not considered this
possibility at all. I have downloaded the UBCD and located memtest86
and so I will check out the memory tomorrow and report back on how
things turn out.

Regards,
Jim

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca