[Centos] Installing a second processor

you should be able to drop it in just fine, but you'll need to install an
smp kernel in order to actually make use of the second processor (unless
your kernel is already smp, which is unlikely).  just install the same
kernel you now have but with smp in the rpm package name and use that as
the lilo/grub default (test first of course) kernel.