Squid + Active Directory Auth

Cesar Lagarrigue <clagarrigue@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Someone have a centos squid-2.5 + active directory auth
> ? like user@xxxxxxxxxx, the active directory not install in
> mixed mode.  thanks in advance

If you're not in mixed mode, I don't think you can use NTLM
(not even NTLMv2) authentication, at least not directly.  You
can only use Kerberos, although the Samba team has exposed
that some mixed mode services are still active in even native
mode (because things on Windows itself would break if they
didn't).

What I recommend is that you setup a one-way trust from ADS
to a UNIX Kerberos realm, using ADS as the KDC.  You can then
authenticate against that UNIX Kerberos realm with whatever
method the local NSSwitch/PAM authentication supports where
you are running Squid.

mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx     |  (please excuse any