[Centos] Problems with CentOS 3.3 Disk2 Iso Image?

--------------040705000003040500010507

Hi there,

Downloaded & burned disc 2 for the 3rd time on 3 different CD burners
and still it doesn't pass the media test but disk 1 and 3 no problems.

Luis

donavan nelson wrote:

>>> Typically, these issues are:
>>> 1) cheap/low quality media,
>>

>> Multiple disks burned, using various brands.  Only disk2 fails,
>> others are fine.  Every time.
>

> typically :)
>
>>> A better option, particularly if you have enough machines is to
>>> setup a machine as a install server.  Over the lan it's much faster
>>> than CD (for me any YMMV).  This box can also be turned into a local
>>> repository for yum updates.  It's also much faster doing an upgrade
>>> off a local box. :)
>>

>> I'm building from scratch.  It's not an upgrade.  Still may be a
>> better way though.  Can you still install over HTTP?
>>

> Yes.  HTTP installs are possible.  Probably the best way.
>
> I'm planning on putting together a centos howto that covers this
> sometime in the near future.  Bad media is a common issue.
>
> What Redhat issue with disk two are you referring too?
>
> Thanks,
>
> .dn        _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@xxxxxxxxxxx

--------------040705000003040500010507

begin:vcard
fn:Luis-Miguel Astudillo
n:Astudillo;Luis-Miguel
org:Services Conseils AIGS Inc.
adr;quoted-printable:;;523, croissant Brown;Deux-Montagnes;Qu=C3=A9bec;J7R 6Y2;Canada
email;internet:lm.astudillo@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Architecte TI - IT Architect / Intel-WIndows-Unix
tel;work:450-491-2347
tel;fax:450-491-2733
tel;cell:514-213-6270
x-mozilla-html:TRUE