Re: VM migration problems

migrated or moved? I move vm from C6 to C7 without any problem, C5 guests too.

- copy disk files (rsync or scp)
- create in virtual manager
- change HWADDR in nic

start guest

Viele Grüße
Helmut Drodofsky

Internet XS Service GmbH
Heßbrühlstraße 15
70565 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführung
Helmut Drodofsky
HRB 21091 Stuttgart
USt.ID: DE190582774
Fon: 0711 781941 0
Fax: 0711 781941 79
Mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.internet-xs.de
Am 24.04.2020 um 11:53 schrieb isdtor:
I have migrated KVM VMs from a CentOS 6 to a CentOS 7 host. All work fine post-migration, CentOS 3 (don't ask ...), CentOS 6, CentOS 7, Windows. But the CentOS 5 VMs failed. At some point during the boot process, they became unpingable and also inaccessible.

I have correlated this to the start of the irqbalance service and was wondering if it is generally considered best practice to turn it off. The VMs in question all have at least 2 vcpus, and the C5 VMs are the odd ones out.