Re: Contributing Hyper-V/Azure packages

Hi All,

I'm interested in contributing to Virt-SIG with packages focused on Hyper-V/Azure support, i.e. kernel packages with additional patches and build configurations tuned for Hyper-V.  There are some advantages these packages can bring to CentOS users -

  - Access to the latest features and fixes
  - Reduced boot time
  - Smaller memory footprint

Of course all the new features/fixes are already upstream in the mainline kernel, but the aim here would be to backport them for easy consumption.

Any questions about this sort of contribution?  I'd love to see this happen.

No question on my side, I would suggest to join CentOS Virt SIG meeting and present yourself and the project there too.

Thanks!
Steve

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA

sbonazzo@xxxxxxxxxx