Re: Xen 4.6.6-9 (with XPTI meltdown mitigation) packages making their way to centos-virt-xen-testing

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> Hmm.. isn't this the ldisc bug that was discussed a few months ago on this
list,
> and a patch was applied to virt-sig kernel aswell?
>
> Call trace looks similar..

Good memory! I'd forgotten about that despite being the one who ran into it.

Looks like that patch was just removed in 4.9.75-30 which I just upgraded
this system to: http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=21122
Previously I was on 4.9.63-29 which does not have this problem, and does
have the ldisc patch. So I guess the question is for Johnny, why was it
removed?

In the meantime, I'll revert the kernel and follow up if I see any further
problems.

IIRC the patch has been removed from the spec file because it has been merged upstream in 4.9.71.

Karl