ANNOUNCE: Upstream libvirt{, -python} releases built for CentOS

Hi all,

Apparently some folks use CentOS for developing and/or testing software
on top of libvirt (e.g., oVirt), which may be a bit troublesome since
the version of libvirt released with CentOS is usually quite old
compared to upstream. Using the downstream releases of libvirt for
developing new features can introduce several months of delay, which may
not be acceptable.

So to make the development easier for folks who want to stick with
CentOS I started to built upstream libvirt releases for Virt-SIG. The
builds are not just a result of "make rpm", they are proper rebased
versions of the released CentOS builds. In other words, all required
downstream changes are ported to the new libvirt release. Regular CentOS
builds essentially use one of these rebased builds as a base.

You can expect both libvirt and libvirt-python CentOS builds within a
few days after they are released upstream, unless I'm on vacation or CBS
is not cooperating.

The official repository for these build is

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7/virt/x86_64/libvirt-latest/

If you want packages for other architectures (there's no virt directory
in http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/), you can use

https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/virt/$basearch/libvirt-latest/

or specifically

https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/virt/ppc64le/libvirt-latest/