Live migration haswell, broadwell

Hi

I wonder, if live migration (back and forth) is possible on mixed Haswell (Xeon V3) and Broadwell (Xeon V4) installations. The only notable difference between the two is apparently a working TSX implementation on V4, which got disabled on V3 due to bugs. The rest (VMCS-shadowing, posted interrupts) should not apply to our environment, as we do not run nested-vmx nor device-passthrough on our Xen servers.

Now, I found no sane way to disable TSX on a given system but I cannot rule out, that some (Linux-)software, such as Postgres will use them eventually. Also, I have a hard time trying to assess, if TSX can be disabled on V4 to enable seamless migration.

Any hint would be greately appreciated.