Re: AWS EC2 - CentOS 6 + 7 AMIs for new g3.* instance types?

On 07/26/2017 09:29 AM, Stephan Koledin wrote:
> Some additional info...
>
> AFAIK, the AMIs I'm referring to are owned/maintained by the CentOS
> team, not by AWS. Details and suggestions to contact this list for
> assistance are published at both https://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS and
> https://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/AWS
>
> Basically, the maintainer of the Centos.org AWS account just needs to
> add/approve the current AMIs for the g3.* instance types. Should be a
> purely administrative action.

AWS is under instruction to 'enable all instance types and enable all
zones, as they come up'.  Basically, we create the images for AWS and
they should be enabled everywhere.  We will take a look and see if we
can see anything, but they should already have permission to add to
every type.