Re: Xen C6 kernel 4.9.13 and testing 4.9.15 only reboots.

On 03/28/2017 04:55 PM, PJ Welsh wrote:
> The mystery gets more interesting... I now have a CentOS 7.3 Dell R710
> server doing the exact same thing of rebooting immediately after the Xen
> kernel load. Just to note this is a second system and not just the first
> system with an update. I hope I'm not introducing something odd. They
> only "interesting" thing I have done for historical reasons is to change
> the following /etc/sysconfig/grub line:
> GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="dom0_mem=6G,max:8G cpuinfo com1=115200,8n1
> console=com1,tty loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all"
> But I've done that on other servers without issue. In fact I have a Dell
> R710 that DOES work with CentOS 7 and the new kernel... so confused.
>
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Sarah Newman <srn@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:srn@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/24/2017 11:35 AM, PJ Welsh wrote:
>     > As a follow up I was able to test fresh install on Dell R710 and a Dell
>     > R620 with success on CentOS 7.3 without issue on the new kernel.  My new
>     > plan will be to just move this C6 to one of the C7 I just created.
>
>     That sounds like a compiler problem, since I think the C6 and C7
>     kernels are built from the same source.

OK, I have a new CentOS-6 4.9.20-26 kernel here for testing:

https://people.centos.org/hughesjr/4.9.16/6/x86_64/

I am building the el7 one right now as well, it will be at:

https://people.centos.org/hughesjr/4.9.16/7/x86_64/

George and I found some issues with the 4.9.x config files for the xen
kernel.  Hopefully this one is much more stable as it has many changes
from the fedora/rhel type configs now (what is built into the kernel,
what is loaded as a kernel module, etc.)

Please test these kernels so we can get them released.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes