Re: xen device mapping/translation

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Luis Fernando Alen <luis.alen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andy,

Actually I'm not trying to build a whole new kernel. I'm just trying to apply the patched module into my actual kernel.

Does this patch really requires a kernel rebuild, or you mean building a new one will save me from the trouble of applying the module into the running kernel?

Since you're replacing a critical, actively used component, you're going to have.... adventures if you try to just slide it into place in your existing kernel. You'll be much server if you simply build a new kernel.