Re: CentOS 4.8

I could not login as root. I only had a non-privileged user name.

Thanks,
Jerry

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Lucas Timm LH <linuxhelper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are you trying to log as root in GDM or in a TTY?

2011/2/3 Y. K. Liu <ykliu7@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I installed CentOS 4.8 on VMware Fusion 3.1.2. The installation was fine. During the installation, it asked me to enter my username and password. I tried to enter "root" as the username, but it was not allowed. So I had to enter other name for that.

After I logged into CentOS 4.8, I could not do sudo because I was a regular user. Could somebody tell me how I can become root?

Thank you.
Jerry

Lucas Timm, Goiânia/GO.
http://timmerman.wordpress.com