SPICE Benchmark

Hi folks.

We finally finished our work on benchmarking SPICE and would like to share the results.

Detailed report in English: http://www.bureausolomatina.ru/sites/default/files/SPICE%20Benchmark%20-%202010-11-16.pdf

The report provides benchmark results of SPICE network load for different types of workload. SPICE operation on limited low-speed network connection was also tested. The results were compared with similar tests for RDP.

Testing was based on SPICE version 0.4.3. This version is not the latest one but it is used currently in RHEV-D 2.2 and also in RHEL6. So, we guess, the results are pretty useful.

We are going to test SPICE 0.6 in nearest future because it has very interesting WAN improvements. So, we welcome any comments, critics or advices.

Best regards,
Alexey Vasyukov