Re: performance differences between kvm/xen

> One thing that I think probably needs to be modified for our needs is a Dom0
> controller to run various tests in each DomU simultaneously then collate the
> date.
> Virtual worlds are more complex than non-virtual ones. Sometimes something
> runs great in on VM but drags when multiple VMs are being used.

I was also going to mention that we should look at scalability and
performance isolation.
Some references and previous studies here:

http://todddeshane.net/research/Xen_versus_KVM_20080623.pdf
http://clarkson.edu/~jnm/publications/isolation_ExpCS_FINALSUBMISSION.pdf
http://clarkson.edu/~jnm/publications/freenix04-clark.pdf

Also, is there anybody that has access to or would be able to get
access to run SPECvirt?
http://www.spec.org/virt_sc2010/

Thanks,
Todd

So you've already done a lot of this then Todd? Should we just be making a standardized test out of your work?

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.