Re: [CentOS-virt] Resizing disks for VMs

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Dennis J. <dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way to make a PV xen guest aware of a size change of the host
disk? In my case I'm talking about a Centos 5.3 host using logical volumes
as storage for the guests and the guests running Centos 5.3 and LVM too.
What I'm trying to accomplish is to resize the logical volume for the guest
by adding a few gigs and then make the guest see this change without
requiring a reboot. Is this possible maybe using some kind of bus rescan in
the guest?

Regards,
  Dennis

Last time I checked this wasn't supported.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.