Re: [CentOS-devel] Authorization to use CentOS logo in GNOME Boxes

On 09/18/2018 11:03 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> My understanding is that we can use all the CentOS marks provided here[0].
> However, those unfortunately are not looking good enough on Boxes and
> we'd like to use, if possible, just the logo as in here[1]
>
> Would that be possible? As far as I could understand that would be a
> violation of the trademark.
>
> [0]: https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Brand/Logo#head-bf605cecf99c819d5a39e726ffb928999e1a13e6
> [1]: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:CentOS#/media/File:CentOS_color_logo.svg

Hi Fabiano,

Thanks for clarifying and that connects with what Rich said about how
we've used just the graphic logo mark in practice but do not have a
guideline that allows that on the ArtWork wiki.

This item is actually on my short list of things to clarify for the
trademark guidelines and updates on the ArtWork page.

For the moment, we can pursue a specific permission for GNOME Boxes.
Can you provide a mock-up of how it would appear on the page?

I'm looking at https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Boxes but am not sure how it
would appear.  Am I correct that the logo would appear when running the
GNOME Boxes application inside of a GNOME session?  If yes, is there
also a corresponding use on the website?  A mock-up from there would be
useful as well.

Knowing that this has been missed for a few months, I'll work through
the discussions on our side to expedite a decision for you.

Regards,

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade | Community Architect | @quaid