Re: Request removal of CyrusImapd how to

On 18/10/17 19:03, Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Nicola Nye <nicola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nicola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    __
    Hi!

    On behalf of team Cyrus, I'm trying to review and clean up old
    instances of Cyrus documentation around the web. It's a long lived
    OSS project and has left behind many old docs in its years on the
    earth. This is resulting in strange queries coming to us as people
    try to follow information that's years out of date.

    To this end I'd like to request removal of
    https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Postfix+CyrusImapd+SASL
    <https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Postfix+CyrusImapd+SASL> from the
    wiki. (unless you can find someone to update it, but as it never
    made it out of draft status, this seems unlikely). It's 9 years old
    and has pointers to docs that no longer are alive.

    If there is anyone who would like to keep CentOS-specific setup
    information alive, we would LOVE to have pull requests or just shoot
    through an email to me or our lists. We have
    https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/installation/distributions/centos.html
    <https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/installation/distributions/centos.html> at
    the moment.

    Thanks,

        Nicola

​Hi Nicola,

The page contents have been removed as requested. Your message above has been added instead.

Akemi​

And likewise, I guess the CentOS Project should request removal of the circular link on the Cyrus website to the above page :-)

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/installation/mta/configuration.html#imap-configuring-the-mta