Markus McLaughlin Intro

My name is Markus McLaughlin, I am coming on board the CentOS EDUcation SIG Project. I want to bring my resourcefulness and talents to this very ambitious project. Debian has already made available its own EDU distribution. It's time for CentOS to "step up," and offer its own service. Windows and MACs have dominated the education market far too long. It's time to bring free and open source software to those schools and
students who can't afford to use either of their systems.

I think there should be two forms of the CentOS EDU distribution: 1. 4GB "Core" with the bare essentials, including offline Wikipedia access, and a library of free e-textbooks for those who don't have broadband internet access. 2. 8GB "Everything" with additional software like Audacity, GIMP, Blender, Scribus, Inkscape, etc. CentOS EDU should provide a configuration menu of all the different interfaces, GNOME, KDE, etc., based on the Anaconda installer. It should also provide Windows compatibility so MS Office can be used instead of LibreOffice.

Another option that Debian EDU probably does not have is, why not have CentOS EDU be compatible with the Linux layer of Windows 10? The CORE could be accessed inside Windows 10 so it would be a "win win."

I would like to see CentOS EDU paired with the Raspberry Pi Foundation as well, presenting it to those who can't afford a full PC. The Pi would make an inexpensive means to support poor students. For $100.00, a Pi with CentOS EDU 32gb microsd card included, would open up a whole new world!

Please consider my ideas!  :D

Regards,
Markus McLaughlin
marknetproductions.com