Re: Resources Needed for Doc Toolchain Project [GSoC]

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 1:28 AM, Pete Travis <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 4, 2015 12:17 PM, "Karsten Wade" <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/01/2015 10:30 PM, Lei Yang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As discussed earlier about the workflow, I and Kunaal will need a
> > server space to host Bugzilla, a test repository at Github + a git
> >  repository at git.centos.org <http://git.centos.org/>. This is
> > temporary, required for development and testing.
> >
> > Please let us know how do we obtain the same? We need it to get
> > started on our project.
>
> Thanks for asking on centos-devel, I'll reply there with some
> specifics on requesting resources.
>
> I think you will get push back about Bugzilla. For example, someone
> has to continue to administer the system after the summer is done. The
> rest of the toolchain looks like it's something that the sysadmin team
> can handle with the proper documentation. An entire Bugzilla instance
> is another thing, however -- web server, PHP code, database, and so fort
> h.
>
> Are you sure that bugs.centos.org cannot work well enough?
>
> Regards,
>
> - - Karsten
> - --

I'm tentatively planning on working pagure[0] into the Fedora Docs toolchain. It handles issue tracking, process documentation/contribution guidelines, and of course repo management and pull requests.  It might fit for CentOS docs as well.

Can you tell us about Fedora Docs toolchain? We can surely help each other if our interests align.

[0] https://pagure.io/pagure

--Pete