Re: A Question of Style

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:29 PM, PatrickD Garvey <patrickdgarveyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not referring to the username used by a particular person while using a CentOS community resource. I'm trying to understand if the document example should use an actual person's username (a security risk increase. That's half that person's credentials.) or a pattern that refers to no one, such as "username".

Perhaps you are thinking of the examples found on a page like this one:

 http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/I_need_the_Kernel_Source

Depending on whether a command is supposed to be run by root or by a non-root user, the command line prompt changes between:
[root@host]#
and

[user@host]$

Akemi