Protecting Our Children and Youth from COVID-19: Information for Parents, Caregivers, and Community Partners Webinar, Friday, July 29, 2022, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)

NCIRD Communications Resources from CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases

Protecting Our Children and Youth from COVID-19: Information for Parents, Caregivers, and Community Partners Webinar, Friday, July 29, 2022, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EDT)

Dear Partners,

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Minority Health (OMH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE) invite you to attend the Protecting Our Children and Youth from COVID-19: Information for Parents, Caregivers, and Community Partners webinar on Friday, July 29, 2022, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (EDT). This webinar is hosted by an interagency workgroup working under Section 3 of Executive Order 13995: Ensuring an Equitable Pandemic Response and Recovery.

For your convenience, we have provided webinar communications resources including social media and fact sheets that we hope you will distribute through your available communications channels beginning Monday, July 18th. For more information on COVID-19 vaccination for children and youth, please visit the Protecting Our Children and Youth from COVID-19: Information for Parents, Caregivers, and Community Partners webpage.

Everyone ages 6 months and older can now get vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone ages 5 years and older can get a booster if eligible. Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is a key step in protecting children and youth from getting very sick or dying from COVID-19.

The webinar will provide accurate, timely, and trusted information about how to protect all children from COVID-19. Speakers include pediatric vaccine experts from HHS, CDC, and community partners leading vaccine efforts for children and youth. Webinar guests will learn the latest information on:
  • CDC’s COVID-19 vaccination recommendations for everyone ages 6 months and older, including where to find resources and credible information on vaccine safety.
  • The risks, benefits, and myths associated with COVID-19 vaccinations for children and youth.
  • What to ask a health provider about COVID-19 vaccination if your child has a disability.
  • How community partners are working to protect Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander children and youth with disabilities who live in communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
To access the webinar or for more information on COVID-19 vaccination for children and youth, please visit the Protecting Our Children and Youth from COVID-19: Information for Parents, Caregivers, and Community Partners webpage.
For questions about the webinar, please contact CDC’s Office of Minority Health and Health Equity at omhhe@xxxxxxx

1600 Clifton Rd   Atlanta, GA 30329   1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)   TTY: 888-232-6348
Questions or Problems  |