Swim Healthy, Be Healthy!

Learn how to stay healthy and safe when in the water this summer!

Healthy and Safe Swimming

Swimming is one of the most popular sports activities in the United States. Just 2.5 hours of physical activity per week, including water-based activity, has health benefits, no matter our age.

As with any form of physical activity, we increase the health benefits when we each do our part to decrease the risks of illness and injury.

Before You Get in the Pool

  • Don’t swim or let children swim if sick with diarrhea.
  • Check out the latest inspection results.
  • Do your own mini-inspection.
  • Shower for at least 1 minute before you get into the water. This will remove most of the dirt and sweat on your body.