Advisory for Users of the CDC Vaccine Code Set regarding Global Trade Identification Numbers (GTIN)

Title: Advisory for Users of the CDC Vaccine Code Set regarding Global Trade Identification Numbers (GTIN)

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Bookmark and Share

The CDC vaccine code set NDC Lookup Crosswalk and NDC Tables includes a 14-digit GTIN for any NDC Unit of Sale (UoS) or Unit of Use (UoU). The GTIN is included where the CDC has been advised by the manufacturer that their products are 2D barcoded. It has come to our attention that some of the GTINs in this table may not be accurate due to variations in GTIN format by manufacturer. Therefore, we updated the language on the CDC website where the NDC tables are accessible to indicate this disclaimer. We are currently confirming GTINs with each manufacturer and will update users and the CDC website with any changes. As of now, users are advised to use these GTIN values with caution until CDC can verify accuracy with the vaccine manufacturers.

If this change impacts your use of this data, please let us know. Thank you for your patience.

Inquiries can be directed to iisinfo@xxxxxxx