Get the Latest, New CDC Winnable Battles Report

Title: Get the Latest, New CDC Winnable Battles Report
View the Latest National Health Report
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
CDC Winnable Battles
CDC
http://www.cdc.gov/winnablebattles/
Saving Lives. Protecting People. TM

News You Can Use
April  2015

We’re seeing progress in two-thirds of the indicators associated with CDC Winnable Battles, according to a new CDC report released today.

Of the 15 indicators tracked in CDC Winnable Battles 2010-2015, Progress Report 2014, 10 have shown progress, 1 had no change and 4 are trending in the wrong direction. Two of the indicators – teen birth rate and the percent of youth who smoke cigarettes -- have already declined past their 2015 targets. Fewer girls ages 15 – 19 are giving birth and fewer youth are smoking.

Despite the significant progress that has been made, important work remains for all CDC Winnable Battles. For instance, new potential health threats such as e-cigarettes are emerging and need evaluation to determine how they may affect our health.

Review recent data and activities from each Winnable Battle: Tobacco, Nutrition / Physical Activity / Obesity, Food Safety, Healthcare-Associated Infections, Motor Vehicle Injuries, Teen Pregnancy, and HIV in the U.S.

Find out how you can help us and our partners in public health with CDC Winnable Battles

Learn More Now

CDC 24/7 - Saving Lives, Protecting People, Saving Money. CDC.gov/24-7 Dept of Health and Human Services Logo Learn Vital Information about Teen Pregnancy
CDC on Facebook CDC on Twitter CDC YouTube Channel

This email was sent to list-cdc@xxxxxxxxxxx using GovDelivery,on behalf of: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention • 1600 Clifton Rd • Atlanta, GA 30333 • 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) Powered by GovDelivery