Re: Enquiring the progress of KylinSoft CGL 5.0 Registration

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your response !

Regarding your questions,my answers are as follows:

SMM.7.1 - SMM.7.3:

Since we already have OpenIPMI and it is a commonly-supported utility, I only switched the disclosure as you suggested.

SFA.2.1: Live Kernel Remote Debugger

There is a kgdb module in the version of kernel provided with our product, and I'm sure we can do live kernel debugging with this module.

SFA.2.2: Dynamic Probe Insertion

It is our mainline kernel that supports Dynamic Probe Insertion. And I'm sure the version of the kernel I'm shipping supports the features listed in this requirement.

AVL.13.1: Parallel User Initialization During Startup

We don't support this feature.

PRF.1.7: Handling Interrupts As Threads

This feature is supported by some customized products, but it is not convenient for us to disclose support for this feature.

SEC.9.2: Advanced Role-Based Access Control

We don't support this feature. So I left this claim as it is.

Accordingly, I amended the disclosure documents in response to the problem mentioned above. Please find attached our new version registration files for CGL 5.0. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Celine

Software Engineer

Server R&D Department

KylinSoft Co., Ltd.

Joe MacDonald <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2021年2月24日周三 上午9:37写道:
[ Enquiring the progress of KylinSoft CGL 5.0 Registration] On 21.02.21 (Sun 16:00) celine ksos wrote:

> Dear CGL workgroup,
>
> I  sent our CGL 5.0 registration files to you on December 17,2020.
>
> I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me the registration progress.
>
> Please feel free to contact me at any time.
>
> Regards,
> Celine
> Software Engineer
> Server R&D Department
> KylinSoft Co., Ltd.

Hi Celine,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to yours
and the other CGL registrations.

With regard to your registration, there are a few minor questions:

        * SMM.7.1 - SMM.7.3:
                These are generally implemented via OpenIPMI.  As you
                already have OpenIPMI listed in your disclosure document
                elsewhere, I recommend you simply switch the disclosure
                here for the more commonly-supported utility.  It
                shouldn't require any work on your part other than
                updating the document.

        * SFA.2.1: Live Kernel Remote Debugger
                Here you indicate you are implementing the feature with
                'gdb'.  Typically this has been implemented with either
                'kgdb' or a proprietary solution in other registrations.
                Are you confident you can do live kernel debugging with
                the version of gdb provided with your product?

        * SFA.2.2: Dynamic Probe Insertion
                This is typically implemented with either kprobes and/or
                LTTng.  Your disclosure indicates it is a feature of your
                mainline kernel.  Are you confident the version of the
                kernel you are shipping supports the features listed in
                this requirement?

Other than that, everything appears fine as it is, though the review has
turned up a few minor things you may wish to amend in your disclosure
documents:

        * AVL.13.1: Parallel User Initialization During Startup
                This has been implemented by sysvinit and systemd both
                from different approved registrations.  Currently your
                disclosures indicate you do not provide this feature.  If
                you would like to claim support for this requirement, you
                certainly can.

        * PRF.1.7: Handling Interrupts As Threads
                This has been a feature in RT kernels for a very long
                time, if you are supporting a RT Linux kernel, you can
                claim support for this requirement.

        * SEC.9.2: Advanced Role-Based Access Control
                Since you already have a reference policy based SELinux
                implementation in your product and that policy will be
                able to support advanced RBAC features, you may claim
                support for this requirement if you like.  Of course if
                this is a feature you do not actively support in your
                product it is entirely reasonable to leave this claim as
                it is.

--
-Joe MacDonald (on behalf of the CGL Workgroup).
:wq