From: lf_carrier-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lf_carrier-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Seiler, Glenn <glenn.seiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 3:20 PM
To: Rajan Srivastava
Cc: lf_carrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Carrier Grade Linux (CGL) -- Adoption level in industry?

Hello
I served on the CGL team during its entire lifecycle. After 5.0 we put the project into maintenance and continued to do some validations.
As someone stated earlier, nearly all functionality specified in the CGL spec is now either in the Linux kernel or other upstream projects.
CGL was originally created for Telco market in 2002 when Linux was still mainly designed for an Enterprise.
I hope that helps
-glenn seiler

Sent from my iPhone

https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url="">