Re: std.1.0

Hey Joe,

[ std.1.0] On 16.09.21 (Wed 21:07) Slater, Joseph wrote:

> std.1.0 in CGL 5.0 specifies a dependency on LSB 3.0.  This standard
> is somewhat out of date, and we would like
>
> to advance to LSB 5.0.  In addition, we would like relief from
> supporting Qt, and perhaps other, "desktop" libraries.
>

> Is there a procedure for proposing changes to the CGL spec, or should
> I just send an email with new text for std.1.0
>
> to this list?

We don't really have a formal process around this (well, we have hand
formal processes in the past, for sure, but they've been for more
significant revisions of the spec, not just a single requirement) so
certainly proposing new text on this list is a good approach.

Actually, you've reminded me that we've been for a very long time now
been planning an update to the CGL specification and due to various
reasons, not the least of which are scheduling issues, we've not closed
on that yet.  I'd invite you to have a look at what is currently the
canonical CGL specification source here:

   https://github.com/joeythesaint/cgl-specification

And since everything there is now in asciidoc format, you can just send
a patch to the document source to this list if you like.  Or fork the
repo and send a pull request to the list for us to discuss.  Lots of
options, whatever is easiest for you.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq