Test Message #2

CGL has gone into hiatus, awaiting overwhelming demand for future updates.

Only half-joking.  Our view on CGL 5.0 was well summarized by John, to
solder loose leads, sew up loose ends, rehydrate split ends, and in
general to wrap it with a bow.  Many of CGL's key goals, such as
real-time, reliable/logging file systems and the like, have become
mainstream and most of our partners (such as the SCOPE Alliance) have
likewise accomplished many of their key goals and are not driving future
requirements.  Finally, with Linux on everything from Android through
mainframes no one questions its right to be on any machine.

The key to CGL moving forward is if there is significant demand for
more, significant technological redirection, or other seismic shifts
that would warrant big efforts to (re)open.  We did not see an 'active'
desire beyond completing our quilting job with CGL 5.0 to push on, as I
mentioned, given the state of mainstream Linux and the forward-looking
requirements that we've collected with this release.

Peter B.