CGL

Good day,

[CGL] On 11.02.22 (Tue 10:18) yun liu wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>     I want to ask about the CGL4.0 Certificate. Our study group is working on a
> project that want to get CGL4.0 certificate. There are some questions I want to
> know.Are CGL register and CGL certificate the same thing? What the progress of
> CGL certificate and how much is the application fee?

Thanks for contacting us, and I apologize for the delayed response to
your questions.  Let me take a try at replying:

"Are CGL register and CGL certificate the same thing?"

Currently the CGL workgroup does not do certification and we do not
publish a certification test suite.  Instead, as you've noted, we have a
registration process that is self-administered.  Linux distributions
wishing to register fill out the public disclosure documents and host
them on their own websites.  The CGL workgroup reviews these documents,
provides guidance back to the distribution where appropriate and, once
approved and accepted, the workgroup lists the distribution on the
Registered Distributions page with links to the disclosure documents.

"What the progress of CGL certificate"

We request that a distribution vendor download the disclosure documents
(called the "Registration Template") from here:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/cgl

And fill out the spreadsheet for each architecture (eg. x86, x86_64,
sparc64, etc.) they wish to have listed on the CGL website then mail the
completed documents to lf_cgl_registration at linuxfoundation.org.  The CGL
workgroup will review the documents and respond with either an
acceptance message or suggestions and recommendations.  Once the
registration is accepted we update our page to point to the distribution
website and to the completed disclosure documents.

"and how much is the application fee?"

There is none, CGL registration is open to any distribution that wants
to fill out the disclosure documents at no cost.

I hope that answers your questions, if not, please let me know.

--
Joe MacDonald, Sr. Member of Technical Staff, Linux Products Group, Wind River
direct 613.270.5750     mobile 613.291.7421     fax 613.592.2283

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [Asterisk PBX]