Standards requirements

Hi!

I'm currently looking at the standards requirements in CGL 4.0, and a
feeling I've had all the time while going through all the other
requirement documents has suddenly grown too big for me to contain
myself anymore.

You have one group of people in the Linux Foundation that spends a lot
of time writing these requirements.  You have another group of people in
the Linux Foundation that's working on developing on Linux. What is the
point of dragging distributors through the process of going through
these long lists of requirements and not put something like "The stock
Linux kernel has done this since 2.3.51 or 2.4.1" as a note for each
requirement.  You have all this information in-house? Sure, if
distributors make changes to the kernel, they need to recheck these
things, but that's only to be expected. As it is, each distributor has
to spend massive amounts of time figuring out if some requirement is
fulfilled.  That's a *lot* of man hours completely wasted.

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |