Fwd: Request for review of SCOPE gaps document

I just happened to be working with this recently. It appears
a common framework for software and hardware crypto support
is avaialble through cryptoAPI. A crypto alg is abstracted
through 'struct crypto_alg' and registered with
'crypto_register_alg()'. The module fills in the associated
functions (encr/decr/ecb/cbc) and things like block size,
key size, .. To make use (for example from IPsec setfkey) you
can specify the alg name or driver name, for example "aes"
will choose the first 'aes' alg found or "aes-padlock" will
find the specific driver. IPsec Security Association will
reference that cyrpto_algo for transmit/receive. This holds
for digest as well as cipher algs. The 2.6.22.9 kernel
appears to have couple hardware modules under drivers/crypto.

- Mario