From: Dan Kohn [mailto:dan@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:56 PM
To: John Cherry
Cc: Smarduch Mario-CMS063; lf_carrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LF support for kernel patches

Mario, I agree with John, but I don't think this needs to be a formal or
drawn-out process.  Could you please come up with some specific examples
of where customers are using PPA.  It doesn't have to use names.  The
key question that the kernel community is going to ask is what is wrong
with their current CPU accounting and why can't PPA be written as
patches to that, rather than creating a new subsystem.

Also, could you please confirm that you never have posted your patches
to LKML?  That's the ultimate step, of course, but I believe we can
bring some (slightly more) friendly developers on to this list to give
you some useful feedback ahead of time.

            - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>