Re: <BASE> tag used for hijacking external resources (XSS)

I see what you mean. But unless it's a vulnerability in itself it's
not a security issue but a violation of standards - which is not such
a bad thing, but just following the principle of being strict in what
you generate and flexible in what you receive, to maximize
compatibility. In fact that would make it a feature rather than a bug.
:)

Another way to see it: if you require the ability to inject HTML
content in order to inject HTML content, you're not getting any more
than you already have, so by definition it's not a vulnerability.
That's why you need something like a poorly implemented XSS filter to
consider this a vulnerability (having the ability to inject *some*
content, gain the ability to inject *any* content). But even in that
case it'd be a vulnerability of the XSS filter rather than the
browser.

--
“There's a reason we separate military and the police: one fights the
enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the