Re: Leak of SNMP write password via SNMP read community in NETGEAR WG102 - Prosafe 802.11g Access Point

On 1/9/2009 11:52 AM, Simon Richter wrote:
SNMP communities are a safety, not a security measure. I know of very few
SNMP implementations that have protections against brute force or
dictionary attacks.

srsly? Passwords don't have much in the way of brute-force or dictionary attack protection, but I wouldn't put my password in my out-of-office message.