Re: Re: licq remote DoS?

You're right, there is no check against FD_SETSIZE. IMO it's a bad idea not to enforce some kind of accepted connections limit. However, I'm pessimistic about the possibility of executing arbitrary code - even if you succeed to overwrite the return address, you must think of some other way to place "evil code". Of course, nothing is impossible :)

BTW, my PoC code has some pretty dumb bug, char hostname[12] should be char hostname[15]...stupid me, I forgot about the dots in the ip address :)