Re: vBulletin 3.5.4 (install_path) Exploit

The default vBulletin requires authentication prior to the usage of the upgrade system and the backup feature.

I suspect you had a pirated copy with this feature removed, this isn't something we can control and you are already taking a risk by using a version from an untrusted source.