From: David Henning <dhenning@xxxxxxx>
To: "Pawel Worach" <pawel.worach@xxxxxxxxx>
CC: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sanjaynaik@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Checkpoint SYN DoS Vulnerability
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:00:03 -0400

Souds to me like the firewall is configured to confuse scanners on
purpose.  If the performance really does degrad to DoS levels then this is
more likely a mis-configuration of one of their add-ons, not an actual
bug.  Have the settings for their IPS and SYN-Defender been checked
carefully?

David Henning, CISSP
Principal Security Analyst
Hughes Network Systems