Re: Vulnerabilities in vBulltin(3.0.7 - 3.5.3) and IPB(2.0.0 - 2.1.4).

While we take all security reports seriously we have investigated this report and have been unable to find any sort of exploit suggested by the author.

External security audits are performed on a regular basis and we are committed to the fast response and release of patches for any vulnerability, credit is also given where due for any discoveries.

After contacting the author for more information the response we received was that a fee would have to be paid for more information. As a company we refuse to be coerced into paying a ransom given that the author has not been able to demonstrate that the vulnerability exists, much less a willingness to work with us to ensure a secure product for end users.