WMF Exploit

Another quick observation, again, I apologize if this information has already been posted; I haven?t been able to read all the posts today. The thumbnail view in Windows Explorer will parse the graphics files in a folder, even if the file is never explicitly opened. This is enough to trigger the exploit. Even more frightening is that you don?t have to use the thumbnail view for a thumbnail to be generated. Under some circumstances, just single-clicking on the file will cause it to be parsed.

David Byrne