Re: [Full-disclosure] Multiple Vendor Anti-Virus Software DetectionEvasion Vulnerability through forged magic byte

> Consequently, the issue that you describe is *not* a> vulnerability issue, but rather just an example of a new variant> that has not yet been added to an AV vendor's database of "known> viruses".>
yap, maybe* but i consider this issue equv. to the 'classic issue' ofadding NOP to the shell-code to bypass IDS/IPS You ain't gonna addevery possible combinations as signatures!

>Instead of beahviour analysis, most AV vendors choose uterly stupid>PE section fingerprints, defeated by adding a few bytes. Go figure. of>course this is no vulnerability, it's a feature!
Is, CA eTrust Antivirus, run in Reviewer mode by default?(sorry, i haven't tryed ant Av lately)
------------->My theory on this is simple :>- ALL files can't be analysed the same way by>AV engines (due to speed issues) (In other>words not all analysis/fingerpritns is applied to>every file)
>The solution was to make the engines a bit "smarter", i.e analyse the>header to determine the type and then ONLY apply the signatures/heuristics>which apply to the type of the file (i am not speaking about the extension>of the file here) thus speeding up the process. Changing the header>just makes the smart engines look...well...  a bit dumb in my regards.------

>The AV vendors aren't going to patch their products if they>don't detect your PoC; they're just going to write a new>signature or modify an existing signature to detect your>new variants.  The fact that it can and will be fixed by>AV signatures instead of product patches should help you>figure out if this is a product vulnerability issue or just>a "new virus variant" issue.-------------
Variant huh?
	My defination of variant are bit straight forward. And sure isn't a'universal trick' that can be used to modified any maliciousexecutable (which has known Av signature)  by a 8 year old with 0programming knowledge or by using any special tools to make itun-detectable, later. Admit it... Av vendors aren't going todoyuble/tripple their Av defination to detect all of such possiblevarient.Common, is the execution point of ANY instruction code or program flowis being changed?
>There are two types of people in the world:  those who>complain about problems, and those who find solutions to>problems.  Where's your superior AV scanner?
Lastly, yap I also feel there are 2 type of ppl. in the world. One whogives answers to a question and the other who askz another anotherquestion AS the answer of the previous question.

-best regards,Bipin Gautam
Zeroth law of security: The possibility of poking a system from lowerprivilege is zero unless & until there is possibility of direct,indirect or consequential communication between the two...