Re: several vulnerabilities present in Belkin wireless routers

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 08:14:14AM -0000, m123303@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The first problem is the existance of a default telnet backdoor
> running on the usual 23/tcp port. From my experience, telnet
> interfaces are NOT enabled by default in wireless routers but rather,
> they usually need to be enabled from their administrative web
> interfaces manually:
>

> <Start of output>
>
> Starting nmap 3.75 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-06-06
> 18:34 BST
> Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against BelkinModem.Belkin (192.168.2.1)

  The obvious question to ask here, is "Can the telnet service be
 connected to from the WAN side?".

  All the later content you present, whilst interesting, is of
 less value if the attacker must be on the LAN side of the router.

Steve
--
# Debian System Administration
www.debian-administration.org/