RE: The Linksys WRT54G "security problem" doesn't exist

> > 5) Does he really think that Cisco/Linksys would not test
> > such a basic basic basic aspect of this router's security?
>
> Yes.  How many times have "basic basic basic" aspects of security gone
> untested, or flaws gone unnoticed?  How long was port 1900 open on my
> SMC Barricade?  How many "basic basic basic" aspects of security
> has Microsoft, various Linux distros, Sun, and even MacOS X violated?

  Cisco's purchase of LinkSys is still relatively recent.  I've found,
in the past, fundamental code flaws in products being marketed by Cisco
up to a year after their acquisition of the originating company....\
  Just because they've put their name on the outside of the box doesn't
mean they've fully QA'd the innards.

David Gillett