Re: Format String Vulnerability in Tripwire

Just a quick note that Tripwire confirms this vulnerability exists in our currently shipping commercial versions of Tripwire for Servers as well as the Open Source release on Sourceforge.

We have patched our commercial code base and the fix will be in the next version of TFS in early Q3 (August timeframe).

I will endeavor to patch the sourceforge code base as soon as possible. In the meantime, it is strongly recommended that you apply Paul's patch and rebuild from source.

A big thanks to Paul for bringing this to our (and the communities) attention.

Ron Forrester
Security Architect
Tripwire, Inc.