Re: IE URL Issue Being Used In Phishing In the Wild [USBank]

"Drew Copley" <dcopley@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

<<snip>>
> The webpage attempts to throw up a little url bar of it's own
> which covers IE's url bar. This allows a pretty convincing spoof
> job to happen.
>
> The pop up looks just like IE's url bar, and it is even selectable.
>
> This does not work in Netscape.

This was also reported at antiphishing.org:

http://www.antiphishing.org/phishing_archive/05-13-
04_US_Bank_(Found_error).html

and it sounds similar to an earlier incident reported there in late
March:

   http://www.antiphishing.org/news/03-31-04_Alert-FakeAddressBar.html

> It is very similiar to Malware's issues of late.

Sorry -- I'm going to have to ask you to expand on that (perhaps I
missed something from http-equiv?).

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald