RE: Hacking USB Thumbdrives, Thumprint authentication

My understanding is that this is only an approximate representation -- it's
not intended to be unique, it's only a method for quickly locating prints
similar to the suspect print.  The final comparison between a print that's
on file and a suspect print is done by eye, and is actually somewhat
subjective.