Re: RFC: virus handling

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:00:03PM -0800, John Fitzgibbon wrote:
> There is one standardized feature for virus and other bounce messages, (which
> isn't mentioned in the original proposal), which I believe would really help:
>
> A bounce should *always* include a MIME attachment of type
> message/rfc822-headers which contains the full headers from the original
> mail. This makes it relatively easy to check on the receiving side if the
> original "Received: from" headers are valid, and simply drop bounces that
> relate to messages that were originally sent with forged headers.

Outstanding idea.  If you (or anyone else on the list) already have a
tested procmail recipe for this, please share.  If not, let's make one
and share it around...

thanks

--
Dave Clendenan
dave@clendenan.ca

PGP fingerprint: 910E 8400 7A16 822C 9B62  209F 6CAB DEDF BF4B DF75

    Subtlety is the art of saying what you think,
    and getting out of the way before it is understood