Re: Security researchers organization

Thor Larholm wrote:

From: Russ [mailto:Russ.Cooper@rc.on.ca]
(Was: Vulnerability Disclosure Formats (was "Re: Funny article"))
<snip http://tinyurl.com/ve83>
Thor Larholm proposed the idea of a "Union" to me. While I don't like the concept of union's in this day and age, our field is one that could benefit from such an idea wrt discoverers. They are far too often bashed (and I have been guilty of this), and often not recognized for what they do.

The Sardonix.org security auditing web site was designed to do something like this. It is not a "union", more like the Slashdot version of source code auditing. Sardonix provides:

   * Auditing resources: pointers to how-to's, tools, etc.
     http://sardonix.org/Auditing_Resources.html
   * Indexed lists of audited packages
     http://sardonix.org/Browse_Programs.html
   * Web form for submitting an audit
     http://sardonix.org/Submit_Audit.php which triggers a responsible
     disclosure process that follows the RFP
     <http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/policy.html> disclosure protocol
   * Mailing list for all the usual reasons
     http://sardonix.org/Mailing_List.html