AntiGen Email scanning software allowes file through filter....

An older version of AntiGen software package for exchange allows any file
with the name of test.zip and test.exe to pass through the filter list
even if you are filtering *.exe and *.zip. I believe that anything
called "test.*" would be permitted through the filter.  I have not
confirmed the versions yet. But thought this was interesting.