Re: ServU FTP Service (Win32) is able to relay email

> ServU FTP Server for Win32 has a Bug that makes it possible to relay
> email messages anonymously. As described in the RFC documents for FTP
> (959, 1579, 2228) its not recommendet for the service to accept PORT
> commands containing target ports above 1024/tcp. Example:

Nice.  I'd like to point out that this isn't a new issue per se, but
instead a rehash of something discovered by Hobbit, and described in
Bugtraq ID 126:

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/126

On another note, in two days, this vuln will be eight years old.  I
suppose this is an early birthday present.

Cheers,

Hal Flynn
Symantec Corp.
http://www.securityfocus.com/unix